Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1998 16:55:46
Bob Nestor wrote:
> Also on one of my new disks I see that the Installer 1.1e reports 9
> partitions, but Installer 1.1g reports only 7. Attempting to access this
> disk under NetBSD with either disklabel or newfs causes a system crash
> (illegal instruction) at the end of the process. Is it possible there's
> an off-by-one error in the fake disklabel code?  I'm about to test this
> by further reducing the partiton count on the disk.

i'd say quite possible.  well, at least something seems to be screwy, b/c
i've noticed that the more you mess with the partition map, the less
likely netbsd is going to be able to read the disk.  i resized and deleted
a couple of partitions on one of my disks, and i'm pretty sure i cannot
access the original netbsd partition on the disk now; it panics the
machine to do a disklabel on that drive :-(  i haven't looked at it in a
while now, tho.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation