Subject: Quadra 605 video off-center
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Warner <killerkow@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1998 19:57:28
I just installed a current system from
/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/current-19980829/*
on a Quadra 605 upgraded to 1 MB VRAM (two different brands of simms
in the slots), and 36 MB of RAM.  NetBSD is installed on a syquest
EZ135 drive.
	I boot into single user mode apparently fine; but as the kernel is
doing it's thing, when it's in the middle of listing off the internal
video, the screen "re-centers" to about the bottom edge of my screen,
meaning:  It won't draw past about halfway up the screen, and the
command prompt is a ways down past the bottom of the screen, so I have
to hit enter a bunch of times for it to scroll up so I can see what I
typed.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or how I could go about
fixing it myself?  Should I look up the video driver interupts in
MacsBug, or does someone know how to get the kernel to draw to a
higher location on my screen, etc?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated...
Thanks, -Mike Warner