Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1998 20:47:01
I installed AddNerd and apparently the installation was correct, but I'm
unable
to execute it, because my system is set to read only. How can I change this?

For example, when I try to execute 'vi' (which is the standard editor, I
presume), I get
this error

'ex/vi: Error: Unable to create temporary file: Read-only file system'

What should I do?

The following was a separate msg, which obviously didn't make it thru to the
list (was sent this morning at 09:37 (+0200), so I'll repeat my request:

I'm still trying to find out, how to configure a new user. In this context a
very practical question:

There are 2 passwd manual pages (passwd(1) and passwd(5)). When I call 'man
passwd' it always points only to the first one. 'man passwd(1)/(5)' does not
work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestion

Ulrich