Subject: Installation woes...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark de Jong <mdj@home.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1998 10:39:10
Hi!

I've been having lots of problems getting NetBSD/mac68k installed on my Mac
IIcx. I've received a lot of help from Colin Ender, but I'd like a more
detailed explanation of what this means:

	Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
	Error on SCSIWrite(), # 5
	Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
	Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
	Error on SCSIWrite(), # 5
	alloccgblk: can't find blk in cyl

Can someone here explain what this really means? I've tried giving more
memory to the installer (up to 15 MB!), but it doesn't even use that much
... and it still fails.

I also get a warning from Mkfs that says it couldn't use all the sectors
(or blocks?!). How do I ensure that the partition is sized optimally for
Mkfs to use?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight you can offer.

	-- Mark

Mark de Jong                Macintosh Development              mdj@home.com