Subject: Problems with my hard disk
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <"Frank Klingenh=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=fer">
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1998 18:57:11
Hi !
Problem:
 I can=B4t use my extern hard disk with NetBSD.

Configaration:
 Performa 475 with 68040 CPU
 36 Mbyte Ram
 160 MByte disk IBM H3171-S2      at ID 0
 2.7 GByte disk SEAGATE ST 43400N at ID 1
 CD drive 300 Apple               at ID 2

 MacOS 8.1 and 7.5.5 on the extern disk.
 NetBSD 1.3.2 an the intern disk.

 I tried to install NetBSD on the extern disk:
 - Partitioning with DriveSetup 1.5
 - Changing the type of some partitions with Mkfs_1.45
 - Formatting the partitions with Mkfs_1.45
 - Tried to install the packages with NetBSD/Mac68k Installer 1.1g
   Got the message:
  Error on SCSIRead(), # 5
  failed mountfs(), error 22.
  Error mounting root.
  mount root. : Undefined error: 0

Then I installed NetBSD on the intern disk.
 It worked.
 Tried to mount sd1 -> kernel panic.

Question:
 Is there a chance to use the SEAGATE disk with NetBSD ?

With regards,
Frank