Subject: Mac II and accelerators
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1998 17:00:11
I told an Australian Apple II friend, that probably a NetBSD installation
would be a nice way, to get server services and internet access to our Apple
IIs (oh well, also a shell account, what we all are using since years . .
.). Since he has a simple very first Mac II, some hardware related
questions:

>From the hardware pages results, that machine needs a PMMU. Would it be
possible to not install that PMMU chip, but an 68030 (Marathon) accelerator
with FPU and PMMU? The difference of prices is very small (49 $ vs. 79 $),
so that seemed worth a thought.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ulrich