Subject: Re: need macos memory panel to boot!
To: Bruce Anderson <brucea@wavefront.com>
From: Rodney Hopkins <rhopkins@sunflower.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1998 07:45:20
At 11:17 PM 9/1/98 -0500, Bruce Anderson typed:
Yes.  Absolutely.  I run a Macintosh SE/30 with System 7.5.5, Mode32 and
20M RAM and with Mode32 enabled, I can see and use all 20M.  I actually
primarily use the SE/30 under OpenBSD/mac68k and it won't even boot unless
the system is in 32-bit mode (which it could not be unless Mode32 was
installed and enabled), but I've run OpenBSD for months on end with no
problem so....you decide.

I do seem to recall there being two versions of Mode32.  One that was
workable on System 7.x and a newer version of Mode32 that is System 7.5.x
compatible.  Obviously, I'm running the System 7.5.x compatible version.

Rodney Hopkins
rhopkins@sunflower.com