Subject: remote control?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1998 11:57:07
Given I had finished my IIci server setup (that isn't the case yet . . .),
would I am able to take away keyboard and monitor from that NetBSD box and
control (administrate) it entirely remotely?

Background: I have a spare Apple //c (yes, that cute mini computer from 1984
or so; somebody may remember) around and thought, using a ser to ser
connection (even better, when there will be a Nubus ser port card support:
in that case, I'd have 6 ser ports!) and a VT100 emulation, I'd possibly be
able to do that. So I could save a nice monitor and adb keyboard . . .(?)
And if so, are there speed requirements? When I remember right the ser port
controller of that //c was limited to 4.800 bps (on later models, that was
improved).

Thanks in advance, Ulrich