Subject: color X questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1998 13:50:50
Howdy, I got me a nice Quadra 700 with a 1.1 gig hd, and I downloaded the
NetBSD distribution, and was all excited to have my whole system booted
and Xwindows running when I learned of the disturbing news that...X really
doesn't run in color on 68K macs (boo).  Well, unless you've got the
special NuBus video card and stuff.  So here are my questions:  where can
I purchase such a video card?  Does anyone on this list have a spare,
perhaps we can work out a trade or somesuch.  And finally, when I get the
card installed in the machine, do I generally have to also install special
drivers in order for the video card to work?

thanks, alissa