Subject: Re: NetBSD --> 2ci
To: Aladin Akyurek <akyurek@bart.nl>
From: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1998 12:39:27
On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Aladin Akyurek wrote:

> I want to transform my old friend into a (stand alone) unix box.
> I acquired recently a copy of Gateway! Volume 3 (2 CDs).
> I have very limited time, though, for figuring out all by myself
> how to install NetBSD to it.

Look at the install notes which come with the install. They should get you
started, at least to the point where you can ask questions about specific
issues. :-)

> A burning question for me is whether NetBSD comes a standard
> dynamic loading feature. This in order to compile the latest
> versions of Tcl/Tk.

I don't know if the Gateway CD comes with it, but the NetBSD 1.3.2 CD's
come with all the source for /usr/pkgsrc. You can download it seperately
too. In it, there's lang/tcl80 which gets tcl working on NetBSD, and
x11/tk80, which is the tk toolkit.

Take care,

Bill