Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1998 02:19:08
Paul,

thanks a lot for jumping in. I got your msg as you see below.

That was a typo, I didn't put a space between cd and 9660. Sorry.

When I do what you suggest, apparently nothing happens. I continue to be
unable to move to the cdrom drive. Btw, would that be another command than
'cd' ?

Meanwhile, trying around, I found out: when I boot normally to the
filesystem I've set up on a Syquest 200 (for trying and training :)) ) and
get the very first 'root device:' I can type in 'cd0a' and then I am in the
CDRom. But since it's a kind of an "automated" Amiga installer, I'm afraid
to shoot down my existing HFS hd and I don't go on. Anyway, I can do 'ls'
ecc. there. So I guess, I simply should know, how to move between different
physical drives within NetBSD to gain access over the CDRom from the prompt=
.

Morover, I saw there is a command (program?) called 'mount=82cd9660'. May be =
should use that, to mount the CDRom. I tried a bit, but with the '-t' I'm
always getting an error - then . . .

Anyway . . . thanks again,

Ulrich