Subject: Re: IP NAT Freezing!
To: Sky Huvard <sky@huvard.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1998 01:03:42
At 11:59 PM -0400 8/29/98, Sky Huvard wrote:
>Hey guys, I have recently installed NetBSD on my old 600cd with a
>DiiMOCache 50mhz card. Everything runs great, I have gotten IP NAT to work,
>but once I route a few computers through it, it freezes. I am running
>1.3.2! Thanks

Check out the bottom of http://radon.moof.ai.mit.edu/~armenb/ipnat.html

This is apparently a known bug, and was fixed in -current.  If you don't
feel like upgrading to current, download the 1.3.2 sources and download the
patch (available on the webpage mentioned above) and recompile the kernel.
It should work fine from then on.  Has for me. :)

I compiled a GENERIC 1.3.1 kernel on my machine with the patch included,
and made the kernel available to anyone who wanted to use it (linked off
the ipnat.html page).  However, this kernel is a 1.3.1 patched kernel,
which might cause some incompatibility with your binaries (since you're
running 1.3.2).

I'll try to get the sources to 1.3.2 and compile a fixed 1.3.2 kernel ASAP.

  - a