Subject: NetBSD --> 2ci
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Aladin Akyurek <akyurek@bart.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1998 00:42:26
I want to transform my old friend into a (stand alone) unix box.
I acquired recently a copy of Gateway! Volume 3 (2 CDs).
I have very limited time, though, for figuring out all by myself
how to install NetBSD to it.

A burning question for me is whether NetBSD comes a standard
dynamic loading feature. This in order to compile the latest
versions of Tcl/Tk.

This old friend is a

-2ci, with

-Presto 040 from Sonnet Tech. with cache (willing to take it out if not
supported)

-7.6.1 (I can switch back to 7.1 or 7.5.5 if needed)

-24 Mbyte RAM

-2 scsi hard disks (one internal: ~300 MB, the other external: 100 MB)

-LaserWriter II NTX

It doesn't have a CD-ROM unit. I can copy the necessary files from Gateway!
CDs by daisy
chaning 2ci (its internak disk) to the external hard disk of my G3 and
using the latter's
CD-ROM unit.

I would appreciate your help.

Aladin