Subject: Re: Building a Kernel for Classic II
To: Andrew Foakes <netbsd@foakes.demon.co.uk>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@OG.ORG>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1998 22:42:59
Ah ha!

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Andrew Foakes wrote:

> This is out of the box 1.3.2 for everything - compiler, source, the lot.

I'm fairly certain that this is your problem.  There are a number of
problems with the grf code that are only fixed in NetBSD-current.  The
problem at the moment is that -current has a problem with the sbc driver
(the machine independent part of it, specifically).

> Indeed.  I was trying to merge the 1.2 nased IntVidTest0.4 code with the
> 1.3.2 code to get a Classic II to work.  My reading of the IntVidTest
> code is that it:

Your reading of the code is essentially correct.  The changes I committed
to -current a couple weeks back integrated all of the intvidtest
functionality as well as other changes and some significant bug fixes.

> So now I think the 1.3.2 kernel should work on a Classic II, but doesn't!

Well, `sort of.'  You'd probably have better luck with 1.3.1, actually.
There are of course drawbacks to that, e.g. some security problems.

--scott

-> Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/ <-