Subject: Re: Files not Found problem
To: Stephen <ostbahn@sprynet.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1998 10:49:24
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Stephen wrote:

> Thanks for all the responses.

> I followed the following instructions from Larry Kollar's Installation
> Guide:
>
>  4.Select "Build Devices" from the File menu. This creates the standard
> list of devices in the /dev directory.
>
> 7.Create empty directories for use as mount points. For example, create
> the /usr directory with the command:
>
>             mkdir /usr
>

> 8.Mount user partitions at the appropriate mount points. For example, if
> your NetBSD drive is the second drive in the SCSI chain, mount the first
> user partition with the command:
>
>             mount /dev/sd1g /usr
>
> (actually I typed sd0d for my own hard drive: I got the appropriate list
> of partitions by doing the disklabel command at the A> prompt in the
> minishell)

Isn't there one more step about creating the /etc/fstab file?  I though
sure there was.  If not, you need to add another entry in the file to
tell NetBSD to mount /usr (the above steps only get it mounted during
the install process):

# filesys	mount point	type	access		dump	fsck
# location				+ opts		freq	pass
#
/dev/sd0a	/		ffs	rw		1	1
/dev/sd0b	none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/sd0g	/usr		ffs	rw		1	2

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |