Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1998 08:47:31
Ulrich Hausmann wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> thanks for the info (I had read that too, but didn't remember the sourec).
> Unfortunately, I don't think compiling and recompiling a kernel isn't that
> easy for a total newbie. It's not like changing some line in the Lynx config
> file . . .:). Seems, I've to learn a lot before being able to do that.

not really.  assuming you install everything in the right place, it's as
simple as commenting out 1 line in the GENERIC config file, then doing:

config GENERIC
cd ../compile/GENERIC
make depend && make

at that point, you've got a new kernel.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation