Subject: Files not Found problem
From: Stephen <ostbahn@sprynet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1998 01:35:09
I've made three attempts to get BSD 1.3 running on my IIci, and whenever
I attempt to boot into multi user mode, I get :

Starting network:
grep: not found
install: not found
(followed by more 'not found' messages)
and finally the system hangs and repeatedly prints:

init: can't exec getty '/usr/libexec/getty/ for port /dev/ttye0: No such
file or directory

The file does appear in the listing of the above directory.

Also something else I noticed: when I attempt to start any of the games
in the games directory, again I get a 'file not found' message for each
executable game file.  Is this a bad install?
I haven't had any problems making it all the way through the tarball
installations as far as I can tell, (using the 1.1g Installer),
even though I do get the 'Error on SCSIRead(). #5' message.  Do I need to
try a new Disk partition scheme? I am currently using a Quantum 2gig HD
with one gig for the MAC OS and one gig for my BSD partitions: one root,
one swap, and three usr.  Would the problem mentioned in the FAQ about
the Installer having a problem with large hard drives above one gig cause
the above problem of missing files?

Thanks in Advance
Stephen

ostbahn@sprynet.com