Subject: Re: Buffer exhausted?
To: John Pannell <john@newyearsday.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1998 20:56:04
Hi,

My C650 used to have the same problem.  But this was back when I was
running 1.2.  What version of NetBSD are you running?

I did note that I got this when routed was running. Turning off routed
(which is a good thing anyways if you are not using your NetBSD box as a
router) fixed the problem for me.

I also noticed problems if I used Appletalk over Ethertalk under MacOS as
well.

Hope this helps,

Mark

On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, John Pannell wrote:

> Hi everyone-
>
> I've been silently listening and learning for some time now, and finally
> came across a question of my own.  I hope it hasn't been answered
> before...
>
> I have a Centris 650 with 32MB RAM.  I am using the built-in Ethernet,
> and run http, ftp, and sendmail daemons.  Traffic is not heavy; I'm just
> goofing around.
>
> The server usually stays up for about two or three weeks, then becomes
> unresponsive from outside of the console (can't telnet in, no ftp, http,
> etc.)  When I look at the console, I have the following message:
>
> sn0: receive buffer area exhausted
>
> What steps should I take to prevent this?
>
> John Pannell

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/