Subject: Re: lib errors
To: None <chiodi@home.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1998 22:14:46
chiodi wrote:
> I am running netbsd 1.3.2 on a mac se/30.  I am getting
> /usr/libexec/ld.so errors when I try to run lynx pico pine.  the libs
> are in /lib.  why am i getting the errors?

/usr/libexec/ld.so can't find the libraries b/c it doesn't know where to
look.

> I am having trouble with git.
> when I hit an arrow key it exits.  error=exiting on SEGV signal
>

> these are all packages I found in the 1.3.2 m68k directory

the package libraries are supposed to install into /usr/pkg/lib.  either
way, tho, you need to add the path of the libraries to /etc/ld.so.conf.
if the file doesn't already exist, create it.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation