Subject: Re:Gateway3 CD
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Gutbrod <gutbrod@media-fact.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1998 13:42:13
Ulrich,

I had the same problems with the Gateway CD. It is made by guys from the
Amiga Scene and it is only roughly adopted to the Mac.
It is mastered with the Rock Ridge Extension and neither CDT nor
RapidTrack work well with this file-system. I was unable to open folders
or copy files sometimes. But this was completely unreproducable. Next
time I mounted the CD, these files were accessable, but others were not.
So I decided to get the files by ftp. It took me about an hour to
download via ISDN.
I assume by looking at your Emailadress, that you live in the
Heidelberg/Mannheim area. If you like, you can visit me at Dossenheim and
pick up the files (on ZIP or CD f.e.)

If you like to go an with the gateway CD (I belive it is possible) try to
copy the following files from the NETBSD-1.3/MAC68K/INSTALLATION/MISC
directory to your HD:

MKFS_1.45
INSTALLER_1.1G
BOOTER1.11

As I mentioned before, you might have to mount the CD several times
and/or play with the settings in your CD-ROM Driver.

Drag them on StuffIt expander to get the SEA's.

Copy all files from NETBSD-1.3/MAC68K/BINARY/SETS to your HD. You'll need
these with the installer.

Follow the instructions given in the install file and don't forget to
check out the FAQ (very usefull !!!)

Peter

media factory
Muehltalstr. 14a