Subject: Re: ethernet-to-localtalk (slightly off-topic)
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Ulrich Hausmann <ulrich.hausmann@rhein-neckar.netsurf.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1998 13:18:59
Thanks a lot to all, who tried to help and explain. I think I got it - more
or less . . .:)

Now, an additional (related question), I want to know before taking a
decision:

Since a long time I own a simple Mac LC I usually used with an Apple IIe
card as my Apple II internet acccess system. Anyway, now, there are nice
IIGS emulators and with the idea to connect the IIGS to a NetBSD box this
system won't be needed anymore.

OTOH, I learned from you the existing ISDN card in the Mac IIci wouldn't be
supported by NetBSD. So, since they're selling out here in Germany a (also
bi-channel active, but slightly inferior to the Leonardo) isdn card for the
LCD pds style slot machines (*all*), before giving away that machine (or
putting it in garage), I wanted to ask this:

Would a setup work, where that LC with an isdn card and ethernetted by a
scsi-to-ethernet card, works as a kind of router to the NetBSD box, which
then serves the clients of the lan? Obviously that LC could only run MacOS
up to 7.5.5.

Thanks in advance, Ulrich