Subject: IPNAT/DHCP
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Bartosh <bartosh@tamu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/1998 21:08:57
Question here-
What I'd like to do is run my netbsd box as a DHCP client _and_ a DHCP
server through IPNAT for the rest of the machines in my room (dorm with an
over-shared T1). I'll have to be a client I think, unless someone knows how
to fool the network and keep a static address ;-). The net security people
assure me DHCP allows for static machine naming, and that regardless of my
ip people will be able to hit a webserver etc by going to my machine name
(even though my ip is changing when I have to reboot). Anyone have
experience with this?

My main question is how do I run as a DHCP client? Couldn't find a howto,
again- if there's a url, point me there.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I won't be able to test any of this
until Thur, so I have plenty of time to think about it.

-mab