Subject: Re: boot problems
To: David McKnight <macman@netmug.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/22/1998 11:33:13
David McKnight wrote:
> i'm having problems booting netbsd 1.3 after changeing monitors and
> keyboards. i switched from a 14" apple performa display monitor to a 15"
> multiscan apple monitor and from a standard apple keyboard to an apple
> extended keyboard. i can't try the old monitor and kb because they're 300
> miles a way. i asked someone i know about this prob and they thought it
> was the keyboard. any ideas?
>
> this is what i get right before the boot stops and does nothing
>
> adb: bus subsystem
> adb:
>
> then it stops. any ideas would be great!

it's a keyboard problem, all right.  i assume you have a IIcx?  (ok, maybe
a IIx?)  this was a known problem involving the way that the extended
mouse support interacted with the keyboard probe.  anyway, it was fixed in
-current and the change was pulled up to the 1.3.2 release, so if you
simply grab a 1.3.2 kernel, the problem should be fixed!

please try it and let us know if this doesn't help.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation