Subject: Re: new IDETEST kernels available
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/1998 09:25:25
Ken Nakata wrote:
> [I apologize that this announcement has been delayed for a couple of
> days because of my personal matters]
>
> Yet another pair of IDETEST kernels has been uploaded to
> ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/private/kenn/IDE.  This time, version number is
> 7.
>
> With previous IDETEST kernels, some people reported that they had
> interrupt related trouble while using Ethernet and IDE simultaneously.
> I attempted to fix this, so please download one of the kernels and
> test it on your IDE Mac (the Quadra 630 class, the Performa 580 class,
> and PowerBook 150; PB190 is apparently not supported by NetBSD).

Actually, if anyone has a PB190, I'd love if you could test it out with
Ken's kernels.  According to reports from some people, many of the
PowerBooks may be working now (I'm fairly sure the 500-series are, and
I've reports that the PB170 is working, so I'd assume that the 165, 180,
and the 190 would also be working if they are not too different from the
170).  Please let me know if anyone tries a PowerBook that is not
currently listed as working and it boots successfully under a -current
kernel.

Thanks.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation