Subject: Re: installer freezes / compiling errors
To: Derek Taylor <machaus@erols.com>
From: El JoPe Magnifico <jope@n2h2.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1998 10:54:06
I have 36 megs of memory, but had to turn on virtual memory and set the
installer's Preferred Memory in Get Info to 40 megs in order to have
enough memory to complete without a hang.  Seems a little exhorbitant,
but it got the job done.

Unrelated question lower down to those-who-might-know...

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Derek Taylor wrote:
> Everytime I try to install the base package on a Mac II Ci with 20 megs of
> ram it locks up. Other packages work ok....
> Things I have tried:
> 1.Downloaded pkg again.
> 2.Gave Installer as much memory as I could.
> 3.Repartitioned with HDSC, redid MKFS.

I'm getting some compiler errors under gcc.  I'll have to write down
the specifics, but it seems to be having trouble when trying to include
certain headers in a subdirectory entitled "machine".  Any ideas?

Not crucial at the moment... I still need to do a clean install anyway,
since I cleaned up my libraries enough to boot, but I'm still suspicious
there may be lingering problems. (I'd tried installing with a current
snapshot, which didn't work, had to drop back to the older 1.3.2 release,
which did work, for those who didn't catch my whining earlier... =)
--
 J.P. Montagnet
 jope@n2h2.com