Subject: Quadra 630 getty error
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ed D. Wright <ewright@spice.jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1998 08:48:58
To:  Mac NetBSD personages
From:  Ed Wright JPL

To all:

I managed to install NetBSD 1.3.2 and access multiuser mode without
the getty errors.  In this case, I installed root and usr onto the
same partition.

APS Power Tools 4.1 did not serve me well  The partition map was
eventually corrupted, requiring the HD to be reinitialized.  HD
Setup 3.0 for A/UX reintialized and repartitioned the HD when APS PT
4.1 refused to recognize the drive (thanks Apple :) ).

My next task is to install the Xwindows system.

A question... the NetBSD distribution CD has a number empty of HQX
files - the installer, and some of the Xwindows tar balls.  In most
cases, I found the proper HQX in another directory.  Has anyone else
noticed this?

As always,
Ed Wright