Subject: Problems with Telnet
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Hugh Lindley <mule@comnet.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1998 07:29:47

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BDCA7A.0DEE8C00

I'm having some problems configuring telnet using MacBSD. I'm sure this =
is a simple UNIX admin thing but since I'm new to the game I need some =
help. I can login to my MacBSD box as root or as a user without a =
problem. Upon boot up I can see the network come up and from other nodes =
on the network I have no problem pinging the MacBSD box. I can even get =
other workstations to telnet to the MacBSD box and get a login prompt. =
However, when I attempt to enter root as the user or use the user =
password that I've set up for myself it gives me a <insert user name =
here> LOGIN REFUSED FROM THIS TERMINAL message. Can anyone point me to =
the instructions to allowing user to remotely telnet in?=20

Any help would be appreciated.=20

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BDCA7A.0DEE8C00

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm having some problems configuring =
telnet=20
using MacBSD. I'm sure this is a simple UNIX admin thing but since I'm =
new to=20
the game I need some help. I can login to my MacBSD box as root or as a =
user=20
without a problem. Upon boot up I can see the network come up and from =
other=20
nodes on the network I have no problem pinging the MacBSD box. I can =
even get=20
other workstations to telnet to the MacBSD box and get a login prompt. =
However,=20
when I attempt to enter root as the user or use the user password that =
I've set=20
up for myself it gives me a &lt;insert user name here&gt; LOGIN REFUSED =
FROM=20
THIS TERMINAL message. Can anyone point me to the instructions to =
allowing user=20
to remotely telnet in? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Any help would be appreciated.=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01BDCA7A.0DEE8C00--