Subject: Re: Color X Windows.
To: Gabe Ricard , NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1998 19:05:17
> I rememeber hearing about there being experimental
>support back when I was using it, but it never worked for me. This machine
>hasa  SuperMac 20" monitor and a NuBus SuperMac Thunder/24 v1.16 video
>card.

For color with NuBus cards try using a SLOTMAN kernel. I think you can pick
up one at ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/pub/SLOTMAN. If that doesn't work, wait
until about the end of this week. I'm going to try to release some code that
will let folks do 8 bit color X on most desktop machines through the
on-board video. Our X-server might also get fixed to work in 24 bit mode
at some point in the future as well.

> I'm also wondering if there is support for the builtin ethernet in
>the quadra 700s. I'd like to network this machine to my PC and do an
>IPMasquerade setup.

Ethernet is supported on the Quadras and you can do the equivalent of
IP masquerading, though I haven't done that myself.

Good luck!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill