Subject: Re: sbc driver and porting questions
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1998 17:12:57
On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Colin Wood wrote:
> Hans-Christian Becker wrote:
> > Speking of porting between MkLinux and NetBSD/mac68k, what are the chances
> > of getting any useful DMA information for machines like the (nudge, nudge)
> > 840AV? Wasn't the 840AV kind of a PowerPC sans PPC601 design?

As far as I can tell, the DMA engine used by the 68K AV Macs is
completely different from the ones in any of the PowerMacs...

> We already have DMA information for the AV Macs.  This is how we got
> support for the onboard ethernet.  Take a look at
> sys/arch/mac68k/psc.c.  What we don't currently have are a DMA-capable
> SCSI driver and serial driver.  I'm not sure if this is b/c of lack of
> information or lack of time/resources.  Probably more the latter than the
> former.

Yeah, the latter for me... with time, one can disassemble the MacOS
stuff to make up for the lack of information... sometimes it's hard to
find time though :) However, if anyone knows where to get information
on the DMA stuff, that'd be great :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++