Subject: Re: re re Apps | sendmail
To: Pilots Fan <core09@hotmail.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1998 13:01:06
Pilots Fan wrote:
> 1. Versions and description:  I recently installed NetBSD 1.3.2/mac68k
> on my Quadra 610.  No problems there.  But if I try to compile, say,
> bitchx, it fails to locate cc or gcc.  Symbolic links to gcpp and/or cpp
> dont help.  It fails because '-c' is not a valid option for cpp or gcpp.

Hmmmm....both gcc and cc are in /usr/bin.  How did you install the
comp.tgz set?  It's possible you have the permissions screwed up.  As for
the '-c' option to cpp, I don't know.

> 2. email isnt working.  I keep getting:
>  hash map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or
> directory
> when I try to send mail anywhere.  [i'm using 'mail']
> But /etc/aliases does exist, and is readable.

That's not the best error message in the world.  I'm pretty sure this
question is in the NetBSD FAQ, but the quick answer is to run 'newaliases'
to (re)generate /etc/aliases.db (the file that sendmail is actually
looking for).

I hope this helps.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation