Subject: Re: Apps
To: Pilots Fan <core09@hotmail.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1998 11:47:51
At 11:23 AM -0700 8/17/98, Pilots Fan wrote:
>Is there an ftp set aside for MacBSD ports of popular apps like pine and
>pico?  I installed the comp.tgz set, but cc and gcc are never found.
>Therefore, nothing will compile.  I tried making a symbolic link to gcpp
>and cpp, but neither worked.  Whats the secret?

I think the package system is intended to take care of this.  Failing that
check e.g. the amiga sites.  Any of the NetBSD/m68k ports can exchange
non-kernel binaries.

As for the gcc problem:  that should have worked.  Your install must have
failed in some way.  If you could post more details of version numbers and
your install process perhaps someone can help.