Subject: Apache as a daemon (bit offtopic)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua E Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1998 04:19:34
I recently acquired Apache 1.3.1 and am attempting to configure it to run
via inetd. I set the option in httpd.conf, and everything is installed
properly. In /etc/inetd.conf I added the line:

http            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/httpd   httpd

Then I gave inetd a sighup, and tried accessing the /index.html file only
to get the following error:

Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

Any input on this problem is appreciated, and I am sorry if this is a bit
off topic :)

Thank you!

Josh Hope
"Yes, I use UNIX. Why are you laughing?!"
root                 nefas       melkor
root@unixgeek.ml.org @SuperChat  @ChatNet
                   http://unixgeek.ml.org