Subject: Re: "Can't set locale" ?
To: NetBSD-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/12/1998 15:29:26
"Naoki Kobayashi" <tsu23715@mail.interq.or.jp>  wrote:

Naoki>  When I "startx >&error.log" and "cat error.log" then

Naoki> [FVWM] [main]: <<ERROR>> Can't set locale.  Check
Naoki> your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.  Warning : locale not
Naoki> supported by Clibrary, locale unchanged.

NetBSD does not support locale other than C, so you need to
recompile X server (and libraries, I think) with the options
"-DX_WCHAR -DX_LOCALE" in the BootStrapCFlags or so.

Naoki> Which file in which directry should I fix, and how?

Edit xc/config/cf/site.def.

I did that for my own use, but now I'm using Stock X
distribution and Ken Nakata's OSFA server.  So my kterm
warns similarly in starting up.

It'd be nice that this is in the Japanese version of the
FAQ, Ken?

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei@ps.yokogawa.co.jp>
Happy Hacking!