Subject: README: grf device overhaul
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/12/1998 01:07:54
I've committed a minor overhaul of grf device support (including console
initialization) to the tree.  This should be a vast improvement in
general.  There are a couple of things worth mention with regard to this:

 - Some programs that use old-style grf operations -- notably, Ken's old
   OSFA X server -- may not operate properly with these changes.  This
   isn't actually a problem with the changes themselves, but is rather
   something that they uncovered.  (Ken is aware of the problem.)

 - The Booter option -- ahem, `hack' -- to wire the video address on the
   Performa/LC 475/575 systems is no longer necessary.

These changes will be available at the next SUP run.

A pretty fair number of folks contributed to this, either with testing,
feedback, or code, and we all owe them a debt of gratitude.  In no
particular order:

	Michael Zucca
	Allen Briggs
	Colin Wood
	Dave Huang
	Ken Nakata
	Bill Studenmund
	Paul Goyette
	Yasuhiro Endoh
	Steve Allen

Thanks to all!  (If I missed your name in the above list, please accept my
profound apologies.  I'll rectify it as quickly as is practical.)

--scott

-> Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/ <-