Subject: Re: netbsd clock problem...
To: Sean Sweda <sweda@netcommandos.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/1998 17:40:40
Sean Sweda wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:47:00 PDT,
> "Henry B. Hotz" rearranged the electrons to say:
> >At 1:57 PM -0700 8/11/98, Capt. Avram Dorfman wrote:
> >
> >Anyway the bottom line is that you can't run ntp.  All the machinery is
> >there, but if you turn it on the loop never stabilizes to the point where
> >it will start adjusting the local clock.
>
> Has it always been like this.

I believe that it has more or less always been like this...

> I've noticed that xntpd doesn't
> work right now, but I've been running netbsd since 1.1 and I seem
> to remember that xntpd used to work for a while (before eventually
> crapping out).  Is there some kernel option that needs to be set?

It will work, I think, but only for a short while, and as long as you
don't do any interrupt-heavy activity (like use your disk or modem ;-)

Of course, many people would call this "not-working", so....

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation