Subject: Re: netbsd clock problem...
To: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
From: Kevin Ogden <kkb@ddw.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/11/1998 17:52:04
At 04:57 PM 8/11/98 -0400, Capt. Avram Dorfman wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Is there any better info out there about dealing w/ the clock problem,
>besides what's in the macbsd.com FAQ?
>
>Has anyone built a how-to on setting up xntpd? the xntpd man pages say
>that there's this great config file to set everything up, but then they
>refer you to "The Notes on Configuring NTP and Setting up a NTP page".
>Where is this page? I'm assuming it's not a man page...
>
>My box loses about 45 minutes a day, so I don't think that rebooting it
>is a good enough solution...

My machine loses between 45mins and an hour a day on average.  When the
object is to keep server uptime high, this can become a real problem.
Losing an hour a day when the average uptime on my machine is usually over
30 days is not the best thing in the world.  It hasn't been a real issue
because nothing I do on the machine really needs the correct time although
correct time/date in e-mail, logs, etc would be cool.  If you find the page
on setting up xntpd, please let me know :)

Out of curiosity... what exactly keeps NetBSD/mac68k from keeping correct
time?  Is the problem simple or extremely complex?

	Kevin Ogden