Subject: re: Booting single user.
From: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/09/1998 13:53:10
Catching up (being a week behind on my e-mail)

>>   When you first boot into NetBSD, it will automatically drop you into
>>   single-user mode with the root filesystem mounted read-write. [...]

If you choose 'single user' from the Booter's booting options, that will
mount filesystems read-only, but I seem to remember that if rc.conf has the
line:

RC_CONFIGURED=NO

then you will boot single-user, but the file system will be mounted
read-write.

Steve Revilak
revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu