Subject: RE: compile kernel and apps, what's up?
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/08/1998 19:02:49
On 09-Aug-98 Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Brian Wildasinn wrote
[snip]
>> BTW, but I went from 20megs to 16megs of RAM just booting from macOS to
>> NetBSD. Where'd that 4 megs go? (I think macOS with all extensions off is
>> about 1.4 megs and about 4 megs when lots of extensions and controll panels
>> are booted.) Is memory size another option to check in compiling my own
>> kernel?
>
> How are you judging the memory loss?

My mistake. All is accounted for. Kernel and friends gotta have their space at
boot time! And that looks like about 3.1 megs of RAM. Maybe when I'm able to
trim down the kernel's options it will be a smaller footprint.

E-Mail: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
Date: 08-Aug-98
Time: 17:18:37

This message was sent by XFMail