Subject: Re: undefined symbols?
To: None <bwildasiX@csulb.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/08/1998 18:40:08
Brian Wildasinn wrote:
>=20
> Hi!
> Looks like netbsd-1.3.2's syssrc.tgz has problems on this 1.3.2 upgraded =
system.
> Specifically when I cd to /usr/src/sys/ and type 'make includes && make d=
epend
> && make', many of the source code files have headers that aren't recognis=
ed
> at their default location when they were installed as 'tar --unlink -zxvp=
f ...'
> is done in /. I may try to move the whole tree to /. to see if that helps.
> Definately where they are now in /usr/src/sys is no good for many #include
> files aren't recognised by gcc.

Are you compiling from the directory you're supposed to (i.e.
/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/KERNEL)?
=20
> BTW, not sure if it matter, but there was no ld.so.conf file in /etc, so I
> added one with the locations of the lib directories on this system:
>        =20
> /* ld.so.conf */
> /usr/local/lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib
> /usr/pkg/lib

You don't need /usr/lib, it's added by default.  The rest is just fine.

> However, that didn't help my compiler in the kernel directory to link the=
 adb.o
> file and the rest shown at:
> http://www.csulb.edu/~bwildasi/unix/netbsd/kernel-typescript
> http://www.csulb.edu/~bwildasi/unix/netbsd/adb.o-typescript
>=20
> My conf file and compile files are there also to see what options were tu=
rned
> on. I turned off compatibilty for sun and netbsd version compatibilty old=
er
> than 1.2.=1B Would that make a difference?

Ah, I looked at your configuration file and found the problem.  You've
turned off the console (i.e. you commented out ite).  Don't do this!!!!
You need a console in order to have several things defined.  Personally,
I think that some of this is broken, but that's a matter for another day.

> Any suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

I hope this fixes the problem!

Later.

--=20
Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation