Subject: Re: Q605 is up (and a licensing question)
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1998 19:23:31
>Just FYI, this is basically what's happening in the effort of bringing
>IDE support to NetBSD/mac68k.

If you know the author you can simply ask to use the code as well.
Paul Mackerras of Linux-pmac fame has given me permission to refer to his
code for the Valkyrie video driver so I can write a driver for the 630.

It was sort of the reverse situation to the IDE. I figured out the controller
and DAC base but I only had a little bit of knowlege about the chips :-)
It's a good thing, too, because the timing is controlled via the CUDA.
Paul had to use a scope to find the values! So it certainly has saved me
time reverse engineering the hardware!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill