Subject: RE: ppp help
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: bvjsales <bvjsales@japan.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/05/1998 10:21:43
>Date: Fri, 19 Oct 1956 21:01:52 +0000
>From: s9 <xwolf@pcez.com>

First, I'd try to get the date and time set right so that your message
shows up in e-mail clients that use DATE sorting. :)

>ok..i got xwindows running fine...now i wanna setup a ppp connection...i
>d'led the little ppp kit and i can get a connection up but when i try
>and ftp to somthing like ftp.netbsd.org it tells me "ftp.netbsd.org:
>unkown host". so i thought this was becuz it was a name and the program
>needs an ip number so found out the ip number for  ftp.netbsd.org and
>put that in... it gave me the message "(the ip for netbsd.org): no route
>for host." what am i doing wrong. Do i need to configure some kind of
>dns program or somthing.
>
>thanx for any replies

Yes, I have a friend who is having the same trouble on a IIcx running 1.3
without X, so I'm hoping somebody will have this answer for us.

>p.s.
>does the irc client BitchX work on this system? i can't seem to find
>one.

Yes, I have BitchX on my 840AV running 1.3. you can get the src at
http://www.bitchx.com/download.htm

ircii-pana-75p1.tar.gz Latest public source

after download: tar -zxvf ircii-pana-75p1.tar.gz

you'll get a directory called BitchX in which tere are instructions for
compiling it on your system. Also see
http://www.bitchx.com/compiling.htm

good luck,
NRT