Subject: Re: kde tips?
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1998 20:18:57
On Aug 4,  4:48am, SamMaEl wrote:
>	I'm thinking of playing around with KDE, but I'm wondering what
>kind of disk space it will take up... I've got about 200 MB to play with
>and not have to worry about filling anything up, plus space on a few other
>partitions, but is it worth the 20 hours it'll take to download and
>compile? ;-)

I run KDE on my C610.  It's OK, but will get kind of sluggish when several
compiles are going on at the same time.  (I imagine any other window system
would be sluggish in similar circumstances. ;-)

It does use a lot of memory -- my system generally runs ~30MB used (out of
68MB available).  I haven't looked to see how much disk space it takes, but
I would think 200MB should be plenty.

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819