Subject: Re: Reading DOS formatted ZIP drive
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Franz Urbanski <fou@ON-Luebeck.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1998 21:49:51
On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 08:06:58PM +0900, Ken Nakata wrote:
> If you can compile your own kernel, try the following diffs (not sure
> if it still applies cleanly, tho).  This is my old Quick Dirty Hack
> [TM] to make mac68k read DOS type partition.  Just make sure you have
> the "file-system MSDOSFS" line *uncommented* in your config file
> (GENERIC has it uncommented by default).  With this patch applied,
> you'll be able to see DOS partitions on your Zip disks so you can
> mount them:
[snip]

Thanks Ken, that's a good idea, too.

It should be added to "current".

For me, preparing one Zip disk the way that was told before is good
enough. That's also a Quick and Dirty Hack [TM] :-)

BTW. Can you imagine, how much time my IIx will need to configure and
compile the kernel?

BTW.2 My dirty trick could be added to the ZIP-How-to.

cu

Franz