Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.3a?
To: Shelby Davis <sdavis@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1998 12:34:45
[Note: I know my mailer is acting like it's 1997. It has to do with
access codes and the fact this machine's not running NetBSD :-(  ]

> I have to compile this hulking monstrosity called Khoros for
> my father. It is a visual development tool for EE and stuff.
> The source distribution is ~80 megs. We had to get a new hard drive
> just to compile it:)

Actually, a Khoros package would be cool. I had it running eons ago on
an AIX system.. It was cool for image manipulation.

It is a FAT beast, though. Definitely see if you can get the shared
library stuff working. NetBSD should use SunOS-like shared libraries.
All the x stuff went from 100 MB to 50 MB w/ khoros (the processing
code) using shared libs, and to 20 MB when I got all the X stuff to use
shared libs.

Take care,

Bill