Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.3a?
To: Shelby Davis <sdavis@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1998 13:37:18
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Shelby Davis wrote:

> Has anyone out there successfully compiled egcs-1.0.3a?
there is a egcs package, don't know what version

> I need a fortran compiler and I'm tired of messing around with g77.
There is also a f2c package which includes a 'f77' shell script which acts
pretty much like a fortran compiler.  I've used it with good results for
some pretty big fortran programs.

> Also, what's the procedure for submittinig a package? I'm sure a few
> of you would like the egcs package, and bzip2, which I'm compiling to
> reduce the download time.

general info on packages:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/packages.html

detailed info (including how to make them):
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/Packages.txt

just out of curiosity, what do you have in fortran?

--Dan