Subject: Re: egcs-1.0.3a?
To: Shelby Davis <sdavis@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/04/1998 10:42:56
[Note: I know my mailer is acting like it's 1997. It has to do with
access codes and the fact this machine's not running NetBSD :-(  ]

> Has anyone out there successfully compiled egcs-1.0.3a?
> I need a fortran compiler and I'm tired of messing around with g77.
> (You need the gcc sources, unchanged, which won't compile on
>  netBSD :-( )
> They have reports of three stage compilation on netbsd-next-m68k,
> so how different would this be?
> Also, what's the procedure for submittinig a package? I'm sure a few
> of you would like the egcs package, and bzip2, which I'm compiling to
> reduce the download time.

Ask on current-users or tech-toolchain. Though I think the thought was
to import egcs 1.1 once it's stablized a bit. Someone might have
patches.

I think the usual way to submit a new package is to send in a problem
report (use the send-pr command) and mark it as a change-request.

Though I thnk there are packages, under archivers, for both bzip and
bzip2.

Or were you wanting to share your compilations with us all? I'm not
sure whom to talk to about that.

Take care,

Bill