Subject: ppp help
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: s9 <xwolf@pcez.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/03/1998 21:05:20
ok..i got xwindows running fine...now i wanna setup a ppp connection...i
d'led the little ppp kit and i can get a connection up but when i try
and ftp to somthing like ftp.netbsd.org it tells me "ftp.netbsd.org:
unkown host". so i thought this was becuz it was a name and the program
needs an ip number so found out the ip number for  ftp.netbsd.org and
put that in... it gave me the message "(the ip for netbsd.org): no route
for host." what am i doing wrong. Do i need to configure some kind of
dns program or somthing.

thanx for any replies
s9

p.s.
does the irc client BitchX work on this system? i can't seem to find
one.