Subject: Reading DOS formatted ZIP drive
From: Franz Urbanski <fou@ON-Luebeck.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/02/1998 00:33:37
Hi NetBSD-mac68k Fans,

as you can see in the header above, I have a pretty old Mac II X running
NetBSD 1.3.2.

Everything is fine. Well, almost ...

Sometimes I'd like to transport files from a Windoze 95 system to my
NetBSD and vice versa.

Unfortunately I can't mount the ZIP drive using

	"mount -t msdos /dev/sd1a /users"

It tells me, that the disklabel is neither "Mac" nor "NetBSD".

Thus I have to start MacOS and copy the files with PC-Exchange to the
MacOS-partition. After rebooting NetBSD I can finally (h)copy the files
using the HFS tools. Not to mention that I loose all the "long" file
names due to my PC-Exchange version.

Is there a way to prepare the ZIP-Disks, to be able to use it under
Win95 and to mount it in the NetBSD file system?
Or, is the "mount_msdos" only usable in NetBSD/i386?

Franz