Subject: Re: Partitioning question
To: Rodney Hopkins <rhopkins@sunflower.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/01/1998 00:30:37
Rodney Hopkins wrote:
> OK, here's a good newbie question for you.
>
> I currently have a 1.2GB Quantum drive in a Mac SE/30 partitioned as 150M
> MacOS, 150M Root, 100M Swap, 105M /var and 800M /usr.
>
> What I would like to do is have both /usr and /home on the same 800M
> partition.  Is this possible, and if so, how?

create a new mount point, say /u

mount the 800M partition on /u

create subdirs on the 800M partition: /u/home, /u/usr

create symbolic links in your root directory:

	/usr -> /u/usr
	/home -> /u/home

that should do more or less what you want.  does that make sense?

i hope this helps.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation