Subject: Re: no ld. so?
To: Allen Briggs <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris <>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1998 13:14:17
Allen Briggs 7/26/98 8:08 AM said:
>I know you've solved this, now, but it might be worth explaining this
>error.  The 'no match' is actually coming from the C shell because you
>specified '*'.  It looked in the current directory for '*',
>couldn't find it, and gave you 'no match'.  It never even ran the find
>command.  To get around this, you can put the argument in single quotes:
># find / -name '*' -print
>Or, in this case, just skip the asterisk (which will make the find
>a little faster, too):
># find / -name -print

     I thought . signified start searcnhing in current directory and
I was down in / that it would search everything. I now know from that I
should use / to make it search the entire system.
     I boobooed the part about using " when also using wildcards, it's
awhile since I had to use un*x so even my user skills are rusty let alone
my almost
non-existent admin skills.

Thanks for the helpful reminder,
chris f.